SHIFT is partnering with Jim Speer to help with their quarterly styrofoam collection!
- clean, dry, white, #6 styrofoam
- indents easily
- snaps easily
NOTE: Styrofoam coolers that frequently accompany medical supplies and food deliveries (along with the cardboard boxes and cooling packets that come with them) should be dropped off at 410 Mill Road to be reused by a local dog food company.
- any food residue
- wet or waterlogged foam
- packing peanuts
- styrofoam cups
- egg cartons
- color foam
- #’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 + 7 styrofoam
- foam that does not indent
- foam that is sponge-like
- foam that flakes apart easily when crumbled
What happens to the waste?
All foam will be brought to Northeast Foam Recycling, where it will be densified and sold to other companies for a new life!
Products commonly made from recycled foam include:
- Picture frames to showcase your favorite photographs.
- Interior moulding for homes and businesses to add an ornamental touch.
- Pony packs used to grow and transport a variety of seeds and plants.
- Office supplies such as rulers and ballpoint pens.
- Foam packaging to protect fragile electronics and other breakables.