Place items by category in the marked (aluminum, steel, or other) 5-gallon white bins in the driveway. If items are too large for a bucket, place them behind the bucket or against the wall.
Remove as much non-metal (plastic) components as possible before dropping off.
This is a volunteer drop-off site, so please be respectful of the resident’s privacy.
- Aluminum (not magnetic, light color)
- includes aluminum foil, metal yogurt tops, aluminum food trays, sheet aluminum, etc.
- Steel (magnetic)*
- includes metal can lids, jar lids, bent nails, and larger items
- Other metals
- includes cast iron, coated wire, Christmas lights, copper, brass, old pots and pans, motors, and lead-acid batteries that are not leaking
- Empty pressurized/spray cans
- includes cooking spray, mousse, hair spray, spray paint
*Most metal items are steel.
- Large appliances
- Foil-lined food packaging