Company coming for dinner? Don’t worry. This hypoallergenic, plastic-free dishwasher powder easily penetrates grease, food particles, and more, leaving everything spotless.
Biodegradable, septic safe, phosphate-free, plant-based formula that is kind to the planet.
- Use the hottest water available (140°F-150°F). Fill detergent cups as recommended by machine manufacturer. If machine has no cup dispenser, place 1 tablespoon in bottom of dishwasher for average load of dishes. More powder may be required in hard water areas; soft water may require less.
- After initial purchase of this dishwasher powder, the tin can be brought back to SHIFT again and again to be refilled with our bulk dishwasher detergent powder. That’s one less single-use container being thrown into the landfill every time you visit the refillery. Hooray!
Why powder? Liquid detergents are made up largely of water. More cleaning power can be packed into a smaller space using this concentrated powder. Additionally, powders avoid the issue of the PVA wrapping (see below) and is considered the most planet-friendly dishwasher detergent option.
Why not pods? Pods are pre-measured, single-use liquid detergent wrapped in a polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) film. PVA is a synthetic polymer (read: plastic) that is harmful to aquatic life and can potentially cause cancer.
- Ingredients / Materials
- Sodium Chloride, Sodium Carbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Percarbonate, Sodium Metasilicate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Silicate, Protease.
- End of Life
- 100% biodegradable powder! The metal tin is reusable and should last forever; however, it can be recycled with metal recycling, offered up in a Buy Nothing Group, or returned to SHIFT for another customer to use.
- The Nellie’s brand was inspired by – you guessed it – a woman named Nellie! She was a real person with real values, who believed in honesty and simplicity. She was going ‘green’ long before the color was cool. Her beliefs inspired the company’s founder, James Roberts (and Nellie’s actual son) to build an entire company honoring his late mother.