Plastic-free and ocean-friendly bamboo cotton swabs.
- These plastic free, toxin-free swabs are made from sustainably sourced bamboo and are a planet- (and people-) friendly alternative to traditional swabs.
- One major brand manufactures 25.5 billion plastic-packaged swabs per year! Since swabs are not recyclable, many of them make their way into our landfills or waterways. Typical store-bought swabs are made from unsustainable cotton treated with herbicides and pesticides.
- Ingredients / Materials
- 100% bamboo cotton.
- End of Life
- These swabs and the cardboard box they come in are 100% compostable!
- Zefiro, Chicago’s first Zero Waste Store, is on a mission to help customers reduce and reuse by offering products that are free of unnecessary packaging, minimize single use waste, and are safe for both us and the planet.
Their product criteria is based on the following:
- Must be an alternative to a single use product
- Must be better for both the consumer and the planet
- Must not be difficult changes that you will need to incorporate into your life. They must be simple swaps.
- Must be an affordable alternative